The National Awards Committee has said that the most number of nominations for National Awards came from the tourism sector followed by the fisheries sector and the medium business sector.
At the close of nominations, the National Awards Committee received 373 nominations.
The National Awards Committee is currently reviewing the nominations for the awards.
The reviewing categories are:
1. Achievements in the nominated field
2. Contribution for the development of the Maldives
3. Duration of service in the nominated field
4. International achievements
5. Contribution for the benefit of the society
6. Extent of individual participation received
7. Number of locals employed under the nominee
8. How much the nominee has shared his/her knowledge or skills with the society
9. Contribution of new Innovative ideas
10. New inventions and researches
11. Volunteer work
National Awards will be conferred on the Republic Day